Purging & Archiving - ARCTOOLS
Legal requirements usually determine how long to keep data records accessible. In addition, contractual agreements with customers, or internal management rules e.g. credit control, can also be determining factors. Even if you are not required to keep the data in the production database, it is necessary to find a compromise between reducing the size of the production database and the ease and speed of access to archived data.
Why purge data?
- Databases are growing at an uncontrollable rate.
- System performance is affecting the efficiency of the business.
- To avoid the expense of upgrading hardware.
- To speed up migrations by reducing the volume of data to convert.
- To ensure agility in the disaster recovery plan.
The gains from purging and archiving aren't just limited to reducing the costs of buying disks, but can be extended to the overall response times of the system, the speed of saving and restoring, reducing down-time, reducing time spent on analysing errors in the database, reducing time required for week, month and year-end closure together with time for consolidating the information.
- Developed by Whitehouse Consultants in collaboration with JD Edwards and extensively tested at JD Edwards sites.
- Compatible with both JD Edwards World and EnterpriseOne.
- Used by over 260 JD Edwards clients worldwide.
ARCTOOLS is compatible with the following platforms:
ARCTOOLSis an award-winning purge and archive utility which allows users to purge and archive their business data in a controlled and accurate manner. Purging is completed without the need for programming and allows users to remain on the system while purging is taking place.
ARCTOOLS delivers space and performance improvement in an acceptable timeframe, whilst ensuring that the integrity and usability of the data is never compromised. ARCTOOLS also allows reversing the purge back into the production database if necessary.
The module consists of a collection of ARCTOOLS rules, procedures and documentation, queries designed to purge data from JD Edwards databases with integrity, both in the production and archive environments.
ARCTOOLS was developed by JD Edwards experts for JD Edwards, however, due to its open and flexible architecture, the product is capable of migrating to other ERP systems such as Oracle's e-Business Suite, PeopleSoft HR, Siebel, Retek and custom built Oracle applications.
Download case studies: